The course provides a concise overview of the Internet of Things (IoT), a global ecosystem of advanced technologies that connect objects to the Internet, each other and people. Discover how new IoT apps and devices are being used to increase operational efficiency, develop post-transaction relationships, and create new revenue streams in enterprises worldwide. You'll walk away with a fundamental understanding of IoT applications and their potential to help accountants boost their relevance, value, and revenue.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Grasp Internet of Things fundamentals
- Discern how IoT software and hardware are transforming modern society and business
- Discuss how new "social machines" are gathering critical data about customers, employees, operations, workflows, and equipment
- Examine how IoT can help accountants increase efficiency, optimize productivity, reduce costs, minimize waste and improve customer satisfaction
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is the Internet of Things (IoT)?
- IoT In Action
- IoT Economic Impacts
- How IoT Will Impact Accountants
- Structured vs. Unstructured Data: The New Accounting Frontier
- Leading IoT Challenges and Risks
- Emerging IoT Business Models for Accountants
- How to Monetize IoT
- IoT Starter Strategy
- IoT Case Studies