Discuss the progress of AICPA's Enhancing Audit Quality initiative. Evaluate whether or not audit quality is improving and look at the trends contributing to improved audit quality. Identify the major issues coming to light as a result of the initiative and the related resources issued by the AICPA to improve practice quality. Review AICPA's Auditing Standards Board project on Quality Management Standards that is expected to significantly overhaul firm quality control systems. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify trends in audit quality and how the AICPA's Enhancing Audit Quality initiative is improving practice quality by identifying challenges, providing training and remediation, and releasing free resources.
- Identify the significant changes proposed in the AICPA's new Quality Management Standards.
- Recall practice tips to improve audit quality.
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Update on AICPA's Enhancing Audit Quality initiative.
- Trends in audit quality, the biggest audit quality challenges.
- AICPA's proposed Quality Management Standards.
- Issues and tips for achieving high-quality engagements.