Emotional intelligence is an individualâ€™s capacity to understand both their own and other peopleâ€™s emotions, as well as how to react to these feelings in an appropriate manner. Research proves that Emotional Intelligence (EI) is a compelling predictor of personal, professional and social success. Every business leader can improve their Emotional Intelligence, including you. Many businesses utilize EI for promotions and hiring. This session will discuss the twelve keys to EI and proven tactics to help every aspiring leader â€œwork smarterâ€. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand what Emotional Intelligence means
- Understand why Emotional Intelligence is the key factor in management success
- Understand how to improve your Emotional Intelligence
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is 'Emotional Intelligence'
- Understand emotions, your emotions and others
- Utilize appropriate social skills
- Understand the value of a timely pause
- Why should you forgive and forget?
- Properly managing emotions
- Know how to handle pressure and setbacks