You are likely familiar with strategies for removing the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP) or brokering an installment agreement with a Revenue Officer or ACS Representative, but what should you do and when? What happens when things break down? Who should you contact and when? This topic will help guide practitioners on getting around certain obstacles or roadblocks while working cases with the IRS. This includes best practices for contesting the TFRP, who to contact and how to prepare when negotiating installment agreements, and steps to elevate cases that are seemingly going nowhere. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Apply the IRM to properly engage with the IRS in a TFRP investigation
- Analyze the different forms and documents needed to properly negotiate an installment agreement
- Identify difficult IRS employees and mitigate ongoing case management
- Use graduating remedies for handling case obstacles
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Administrative strategies for resolving a TFRP assessment
- How to prepare for negotiating an installment agreement
- Tips for handling apathetic or indifferent Revenue Officers
- How to stage different case obstacles and roadblocks through completion