Standards overload. Confidential data under siege. Uncertain market outlook. Regulatory confusion. Yes, it can all be enough to make you want to take two aspirin and a nap, but understanding the forces affecting your A&A public practice is critical to success in today's complex and rapidly-changing market. In this session, we will tackle pressing issues at a "need-to-know" level and then discuss the practical implications. You will come away armed with "the big picture." Preparedness is half the battle, so do not miss this critical briefing.
- Be able to identify the major standards and regulation-related changes that will confront A&A public accountants in their practice this year
- Understand current and emerging challenges and risks as identified in the leading industry surveys
- Accounting standards update: high-level rundown of major standards changes effective this year, with a focus on practical implications
- Cybersecurity and identity theft update: what all CPAs should know about the current threats and scams to keep their personal, firm, and client data secure
- Roundup of other current and emerging challenges and threats as identified in the leading industry surveys, with implications and discussion of responsive strategies