This course provides an overview of cybersecurity from the CPA perspective. We will discuss the components of an IT environment that need to be considered in audits - e.g. network, operating systems, database, and application layers. Additionally, we will discuss an overview of cybersecurity frameworks under the influence of the AICPA and/or ISACA - e.g. SOC2, COBIT, COSO, SOX IT controls, etc. and key cybersecurity controls. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Have a general understanding of the components that reside in typical IT infrastructure
- Have a general understanding of the cybersecurity controls that are applied to specific components within IT infrastructure
- Understand common cybersecurity frameworks that are used within the industry to establish baselines for cybersecurity controls, and validate effectiveness
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The typical IT architecture and technology components that reside in an IT environment
- Specific cybersecurity controls that are applied at each layer within an IT environment
- An overview of common cybersecurity frameworks used within the industry to establish and assess cybersecurity controls