Project Management is not the same as workflow management, and a project manager is more than a task master. Driving change, leading a team and managing client engagements requires a great deal of organization and planning. Successfully launching a new technology, onboarding clients, developing a new service lineâ€¦ all takes more than a checklist of to-do items. You need to monitor risks and opportunities. You need to gain buy-in to drive adoption. Proper scoping and projections help keep projects on course, and not become a costly experiment that gets shoved to the back burner. Project managers are trained in analyzing the data while also managing people. In this session explore basic project management best practices and mindset to more effectively managing change in your firm.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Discover how project management principles transcend industries to create success
- Recall the common best practices used in the field of project management
- Recognize the operational risks and opportunities as part of running a project
- Identify the mindset of a project management and how to adopt it
The major topics covered in this course include:
- The science of project management: reporting and analytics, documentation, forecasting and scoping
- The art of project management: the mindset and influencing change