Gain a detailed understanding of the discipline of "leadership" versus "managership." Learn the importance of sound leadership within the business organization, focused on the difference between a leader and a manager. Various leadership "skill building" techniques will be highlighted, including communications, public speaking, negotiations, and personal marketing. Special consideration to "human issues", including diversity in the workforce by gender, generations and ethnicity. The Trait, Skills and Style approach of leadership will be reviewed, as well as Psychodynamic Leadership theory, Strategic Leadership concepts and Leadership in Ethics principles.
- Recognize the difference between "leadership" versus "managership"
- Identify the importance of sound leadership within the business organization
- Recognize Psychodynamic Leadership theory, Strategic Leadership concepts and Leadership in Ethics principles.
- Leadership vs. "Managership"?
- Leadership Techniques and the Diverse Workforce
- Traits, Skills, and Style Approach of Leadership
- Psychodynamic Leadership Theory and Strategic Leadership Concepts
- Principles of Leadership Ethics