One of the most talked about emerging technologies that has the potential to significantly disrupt the accounting profession is blockchain. This course is designed to bring you up to speed on what this revolutionary technology is all about. You will learn about the concepts, nomenclature, technology and potential applications related to blockchain. This will prepare you to participate in conversations about blockchain technology with your colleagues, peers and others.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending the presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the concepts and terminology of blockchain technology
- Formulate a solid understanding of how blockchain works
- Recognize potential applications for blockchain
- Apply the knowledge gained to participate in discussions about blockchain
The specific topics that will be presented include:
- An explanation of what blockchain is
- Review of the nomenclature associated with blockchain technology
- Thorough review of the components of a blockchain application
- Review of current and potential applications for blockchain and its impact on commerce
- Potential impact on the CPA profession in accounting and auditing