Senior management yearns to report positive news and impressive financial results that will please investors, bankers and drive value higher. While most companies act ethically and follow prescribed accounting rules, some take advantage of gray areas in the rules or ignore them altogether in order to portray their financial results in a misleading way.
This session will discuss some common financial statement shenanigans to help prevent them from fooling you.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify common ways that financial statement fraud fools users
- Prevent financial fraud from fooling you
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Factors that cause people to commit financial statement fraud
- The seven most common ways of "cooking the books"
- Specific corporate scandals which highlight "financial shenanigans"
- Increasing your awareness of possible techniques to detect financial statement irregularities and potential fraud