What do you do when the routine audit is no longer routine? This program discusses "eggshell audits", which are civil IRS exams but where we as the practitioner become aware there is potential tax fraud. Potential pitfalls, how to navigate the issues and when to bring the attorneys into the picture will be addressed.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify scenarios that are indications of fraud to the IRS
- Explain the various privileges tax clients have
- Describe the role accountants can and cannot play in an eggshell audit
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How to handle an audit where there are indications of fraud by the taxpayer the IRS has not found, yet
- Navigating issues involved including associated problems
- Clarity on involving attorneys