Stay current on recent changes to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and keep abreast of emerging trends in ethics standards and regulatory initiatives and their potential impact on your practice. Explore frequent practitioner ethics compliance challenges, including competence, due professional care, audit quality, and independence.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify recent changes to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and other ethics standard-setters.
- Recognize the regulatory requirements created by other state boards of accountancy, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, and recent regulatory initiatives.
- Recognize the application of those standards in practice, emphasizing the experience of other practitioners.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Recent ethics standards changes that impact your practice.
- Key regulatory changes and initiatives affecting CPAs and the future of the profession.
- Emerging issues and standard-setting activity that could affect your practice.
- Practical applications of the standards and common practice issues and challenges. Examples include independence issues, serving clients in the cannabis industry, and reporting potential noncompliance with laws and regulations to third parties.
- How failure to follow the standards can result in unwanted regulatory actions and publicity.