This program addresses the most recent developments impacting partnerships operating as LLCs, with a focus on legislative, administrative, and tax form changes. Emphasis will be placed on partners "tax basis" capital accounts, now required for tax form reporting.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply recent tax developments affecting the partnership entity and its partners
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Discuss the impact of the Section 199A flow-through entities deduction on partnerships and their partners
- The meaning of a "tax basis capital account"
- How the financial accounting and tax capital accounts differ from one another
- Determine a partner's share of the partnership's liabilities
- Distinguish "recourse" loans from "nonrecourse" loans
- What are "qualified nonrecourse financing" loans and how they affect partners
- Section 704 "built-in gain or loss" rules and how they impact Schedule K-1 reporting
- Section 4655 "at risk" rules and how they impact Schedule K-1 reporting