Embracing and cultivating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the workplace IS Ethics at Work! This session explores ethical values and principles related to these initiatives and examines workplace behaviors, individually and collectively, that foster and promote organizational well being.
Robbie offers findings on strategies that work to improve DEI efforts based on best practices and interviews with experts in the field. Please note that for those of you who have taken courses from Robbie there will be some duplication and much new content. This session is designed for people who wish for a more fair and just world and workplace.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Explore ethical values and principles related to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Raise awareness of systematic injustices in the workplace
- Provoke curiosity and reflection about self with regard to unconscious bias, assumptions, and microaggression
- Learn some ways to intervene when witnessing unethical practices and behaviors
- Offer examples of successful initiatives of DEI
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Overview of ethics
- Ethical values and principles
- DEI working definitions
- Unconscious bias, assumptions, microaggressions
- Standing Up and Speaking Out
- DEI and Organizational Responsibility