Conflict is as natural as breathing air. For many, the thought of dealing with conflict is difficult and horrifying, and yet unresolved conflict can damage relationships, cause pain and suffering as well as hinder workplace productivity. When addressed, however, conflict has the power to be transformative in strengthening workplace relationships, shared understanding, and increased productivity.
This workshop will provide an intimate understanding of how to deal with conflict in collaborative and constructive ways. Using ethical values and principles, we will explore how to move conflict from an obstacle to an opportunity.
This workshop is geared toward individuals who are wanting to improve their conflict management skills and create more harmonious and positive working environments.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recall conflict concepts and tools to help move conflict to productive outcomes
- Identify human tendencies that hamper conflict management and offer ways to minimize them
- Distinguish gossip and emotions related to conflict
- Recognize mindset and skills helpful in collaboration
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Professionalism, Conflict and Ethics
- Sources and approaches to conflict
- Managing Conflict from the Inside: Awareness of human tendencies, human emotions, and gossip
- Guidelines for managing conflict collaboratively