This course provides a concise overview of Google Slides, a cloud-based presentation program. Google Slides is included as part of a free, web-based software office suite offered by Google within its Google Drive service. Similar to Microsoft PowerPoint, this presentation tool allows users to combine text, graphics and multi-media content to create professional slide-shows. While PowerPoint is the default tool and industry standard for most accountants, Google Slides has many underrated capabilities not available in PowerPoint. These include real-time collaboration, automatically-generated closed-captions, power search capabilities, translation tools, Google integration, and an add-on marketplace. You'll walk away knowing how to use a whole new array of presentation features not found in PowerPoint that can boost your persuasive powers and communications workflow.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the key capabilities and user interface of Google Slides
- Create, edit and format presentations using Google Slides
- Identify features unique to Google Slides which are not available in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Add plug-ins that extend the power of Google Slides
- Use Google Slides in tandem with Microsoft PowerPoint
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is Google Slides?
- Key Set Up Steps and Apps
- Key Strengths and Weaknesses
- Google Slides vs. Microsoft PowerPoint
- Google Slides Versions
- Quick Start Guide
- Things You Can do in Google Slides that You Can't Do in PowerPoint
- Google Slides Add-Ons