This will examine and analyze the rise of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) alongside the smart contracts that support and manage these tokens.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify what NFTs are, and how they are different from other crypto assets
- Recall the accounting issues connected to NFTs
- Indicate what a smart contract is, and how they connect to NFTs
- Recognize the accounting and control issues linked to smart contracts
- Recall how NFTs are connected to smart contracts
The major topics covered in this class include:
- The underlying technology and components of NFTs, including how these tokens were developed, recent headlines around these tokens, and accounting implications that have arisen
- The valuation, tax, and custody issues connected to NFTs
- Discussion around smart contracts- the blockchain application that underpins NFTs- including the accounting issues connected to these contracts
- External resources provided to provide attendees with additional content and practical advice