Conflict is often avoided, or dealt with in a passive manner. When ignored, conflict often escalates and can become polarizing. In this session, participants will gain insights for enhancing their natural responses to conflict, learn healthy communication styles, and build constructive behaviors to manage conflict. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Determine your natural reactions to conflict
- Identify when you are entering conflict
- Use strategies to de-escalate conflict before it is too late
- Choose to engage with colleagues and clients to turn conflict into innovation
Major topics covered in this course include:
- Levels of conflict
- Strategies to de-escalate conflict
- Distinction between miscommunication and conflict
- Responses to conflict
- Tactics to address, rather than avoid, conflict