This course fills an important need for both financial managers and accountants in the practice of public accounting by offering the tools to help ensure the future success of a business. Practical guidance for the effective use of benchmarking and analytical procedure is also provided. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify common profitability key factors
- Recognize common "management" financial statements
- Analyze common internal controls utilized by non-public businesses
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How to use analytical procedures as a management tool to identify areas hindering the profitability of the entity
- How to use analytical procedures to identify misstatements in financial information
- Techniques for developing a "workable" business plan
- Recasting GAAP financial statements into powerful management tools
- Developing and using benchmarks to identify profitability problems
- Identifying profitability key factors
- The relationship of internal controls and the health of an entity
- Common weaknesses in the internal controls of SMEs using the guidelines in the COSO Report on Internal Controls and common internal controls to address those weaknesses
- How to create "goal" statements that achieve results