Excel has over 500 functions and among those, Defined Names is one of the top choices in creating formulas that make your spreadsheets work better for you. After understanding what they are and how to properly create Defined Names, you will wonder how you managed without them for so long. This course is designed to build the foundation to becoming an Excel Formula Expert. Our focus will be on design techniques that should be used when creating formulas. You will learn how to use Defined Names and Excel Tables as an important and fundamental part of EVERY spreadsheet. You will learn techniques that most advanced users don't implement in their spreadsheets but should. After completing this course, you will be well on your way to becoming an Excel Formula Expert. This session is presented using Excel 2013. Regardless of the version you are using, ALL concepts covered in this course apply to ALL versions of Excel. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After completing this class you will have the ability to...
- Use Defined Names to create formulas more efficiently
- Create Excel Tables to improve spreadsheet accuracy
- Utilize structured calculations in Excel Tables
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Using Defined Names in formula creation
- Learning how Defined Names can lead to more accurate spreadsheets
- Structured calculations in Excel Tables