This course will outline, detail, and explain the specifics surrounding decentralized finance (DeFi), including examples of real-world applications alongside the accounting implications of different DeFi tools. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Distinguish the various types of DeFi applications>
- Identify how different DeFi tools create various accounting problems
- Indicate how DeFi is causing the crypto-accounting conversation to evolve
- Recall how DeFi functions are different from other centralized crypto services
- Address and illustrate how DeFi creates unique challenges aside from other crypto accounting
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Specifics of various DeFi applications, including decentralized exchanges, yield farming, staking, and providing liquidity to liquidity pools
- Discussion and examination around the accounting implications and impact of DeFi applications on the audit process
- What practitioners need to know about the wide array of types of DeFi and how these different use cases changing the crypto-accounting conversation
- External resources provided for extra contextual information