CPAs spend most of their working lives reviewing bank statements and books and records of businesses. They are experts in understanding how to prepare financial statements according to GAAP. But would a CPA know a possible money laundering transaction if they saw it? Would about a money laundering business? Money laundering is a subject of many action and thriller movies, but rarely understood. This presentation will educate the CPA in understanding the basics of money laundering and how to identify money laundering. This presentation will help the CPA know the truth about money laundering, how to identify it, the statutes that define it, and the court cases that interpret it. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Distinguish the three stages of money laundering
- Recall possible money laundering techniques
- Identify the possible money laundering statute
The major topics covered in this class include:
- The theory of money laundering
- Common money laundering statutes
- Examples from court cases of money laundering statutes
- Common occurrences with CPAs
- Possible money laundering transactions
- Applying the money laundering statutes in real life scenarios