Those late-night commercials make it sound just so easy, but how do you get rid of tax penalties? This program covers the various penalties applied by the IRS, and the various ways practitioners can seek to have them removed. Additionally, First Time Penalty Abatement, abatement for reasonable cause, and how to lay the groundwork for avoiding penalties during the audit is covered. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand the first-time abatement program and when it applies
- Describe reasonable cause for avoidance of penalties
- Identify opportunities to avoid penalties during an IRS examination
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The basics of tax penalties
- How CPAs can assist their clients with seeking penalty abatement