A project doesn't just happen, it takes a dedicated person to help a team create something from nothing. The best project managers incorporate the art of people management and science of execution to guide an initiative from an idea to reality. Not everyone can hire a project manager, so the great news is these skills and techniques can be learned. This class will show how a project manager breaks down a concept and applies techniques needed to effectively lead a team through the visioning, scoping, testing and rolling out of an initiative. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Apply project management principles to scoping projects, reporting, and improved documentation
- Recognize how to use project management techniques to overcome obstacles
- Recognize the role the project manager plays in rolling out a new initiative
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Applying project management templates to a sample initiative
- Leveraging project management tools for effective communication