The webinar will provide an overview of the regulated, legal side of the industry which now includes 19 states with recreational/adult use access and 38 states with medical access. This session will lay a foundation focusing on the modern historical background of the cannabis plant and the evolution of laws and regulations related to marijuana and agricultural hemp. The segment is designed to be useful for CPA practitioners desiring to provide or enhance their services within the cannabis and hemp niches. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Distinguish the often extreme jurisdictional differences between states and municipalities in how access to recreational and medical marijuana is licensed and regulated
- Select industry resources available to assist in staying knowledgeable in the sector
- Recall the criteria being used to award license rights, including a growing emphasis on social equities
- Identify judicial and legislative initiatives that may greatly impact the future of the industry
- Explore the expanding domestic and global footprint of cannabis
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Fast-paced discussion of what has been learned in other more mature markets like Colorado, Oregon and California
- Discussion of what to expect in emerging markets where there is currently only medical access to cannabis or recent state legal regulatory access to recreational cannabis
- The state of Colorado will be used as an example of cannabis economics and regulatory oversight