Job titles for individuals can vary in different organizations even though the work is the same. This webinar is designed for the individual whose role is to oversee the work of others. This webinar includes an overview of Aristotle's virtue ethics and its application to the responsibility and privilege of developing employees to be their best and for the success of the organization. We will also address issues such as going from "buddy to boss", how to manage if you are newly assigned to an existing employee that was previously supervised by someone else, and critical skill sets necessary for supervisory/managerial positions. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this course, you will be able to...
- Distinguish the relationship of ethics to supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Identify ethical traps of supervision/management
- Recognize how to set job standards and analyze performance
- Recognize the importance of fairness in managing unconscious bias
- Strengthen or develop communication skills
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Overview of Virtue Ethics
- Milgram and Zimbardo case studies
- Navigating the transition from "Buddy to Boss"
- Self-Awareness and Regard for Others
- Setting Standards and Analyzing Performance
- Unconscious Bias
- Communication Skills