Management Skills - Exhibiting Traits of a Balanced Leader-Manager provides tips and techniques for striking the right balance between managing individuals and engagement teams and leading the overall strategic direction of a firm. Short-term profitability and long-term viability are important objectives of any successful organization. Note: This course is recommended as a part of a 16-hour audit skills curriculum for managers, while it is also appropriate for anyone who has responsibilities for leading or managing others. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Distinguish the difference between short-term management and long-term leadership
- Identify how to strike the right balance between leading individuals and teams towards both short-term and long-term objectives
- Determine how to adapt your own natural behaviors to enhance the likelihood of overall success for individuals and teams
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Differentiating between managing and leading, while highlighting the importance of each
- Assessing your own natural management and leadership style
- Adapting management and leadership styles to the specific circumstances
- Becoming a catalyst for positive change
- Overcoming barriers to successfully managing and leading
- Successfully engaging in difficult conversations to minimize performance issues and conflict