You are likely familiar with the various forms of penalty relief (reasonable cause, administrative remedies, and first-time penalty relief), BUT can you apply this and consistently expect a favorable outcome? This program will focus on crafting a well-executed request for penalty relief, along with exploring a lesser-known option which can be employed as an effective case resolution tool. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Determine what constitutes penalty relief
- Compare and contrast correction of IRS error, statutory and regulatory exception, administrative waiver, and reasonable cause
- Identify and employ effective penalty relief strategies
- Apply the full pay rule as an alternate case resolution tool
The major topics covered in this course include:
- The basis for penalty relief
- Differing options for penalty relief
- Employing an effective strategy using different forms of penalty relief
- Appealing any proposed rejections
- A clever penalty relief strategy for full pay case