This segment will focus on the analytical process required to derive a logical and supportable estimate of value for a regulated marijuana businesses and related intellectual property rights. Valuing recreational and medical license rights for marijuana cultivation, processing or retailing will be emphasized with a focus on use of the income and market approaches to value. A sample sanitized appraisal report will be provided and discussed. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Recall fundamental valuation concepts and principles
- Distinguish how to apply these fundamental valuation approaches and methodologies to the unique and rapidly evolving nature of the cannabis industry appraisal assignments
- Identify emerging market based data that can be useful in the appraisal process
- Determine where to find industry resources
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Updates to incorporate new and emerging data sources and industry trends in the value proposition for marijuana businesses
- Review of fundamental valuation concepts and methods
- Discussion of the value of license rights and related intellectual property
- Useful topics for practitioners and owner/operators involved in purchase price allocation work, economic damage assessments, estate planning and merger acquisition