The COVID-19 pandemic has altered corporate and public accounting in ways we could never have imagined. This broad-based course will discuss accounting and auditing implications that have arisen as a result of the pandemic. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Develop an appreciation for what has changed in the pandemic environment
- Distinguish how risk assessment looks different after COVID-19
- Foster a creative mindset that facilitates flexible problem solving in unprecedented circumstances
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Risk assessment
- Government assistance
- Pandemic-related accounting pronouncements
- Learning to be an auditor in a pandemic environment
- Financial statement disclosures
- Exploring liquidity options
- Accounting tools and techniques for supporting managerial decisions
- Engagement and workforce management
- Other current events as appropriate