If you have ever had someone just read you the rules in an ethics class, you know there is a better way. Cases in Corporate Ethics reviews 10 real life cases and puts you in the position of someone in the middle of it all. You'll learn about conflicts that corporate financial professionals often encounter, you'll gain skills for dealing with a boss who is behaving badly and find out where to go for help. Once you have studied ethics using real world cases, you'll never want to do it any other way. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Prepare for possible ethical conflicts in your career by discussing real life cases.Â Â
We introduce new case selections to this seminar every year. Past cases have included these issues:
- Can you protect the public interest without violating our profession's confidentiality rules?
- How can a corporate world CPA get in trouble with their board of accountancy?
- Is a culture of fear and intimidation particularly susceptible to corporate fraud?
- How can using the CPA credential get a corporate accountant in trouble?
- Is exaggerating your CPE hours a violation of our professional codes of conduct?
- What are your options when your employer is clearly breaking the law?
- Does any legislation provide effective Whistleblower protection?