The insurance industry has unique accounting and regulatory requirements. This course provides an introduction to those unique requirements, including the multiple layers of regulation, statutory vs. GAAP accounting, non-admitted assets, special treatment of taxes, and more! This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify key differences in the insurance industry and appropriately address those differences
- Enable effective audit, tax, and advisory services to the unique insurance industry
The major topics covered in this class include:
- The unique regulatory world of insurance
- Differences from other industries
- Differences within the industry
- Types of accounting
- Involvement of specialists
- Tax considerations