Have you ever met an accountant who exhibits solid technical prowess but possesses lackluster communication skills? It is not unusual to meet a savvy accountant who is a technical expert but could enhance the delivery of written and spoken words. This course is designed to help CPAs improve their written and verbal communication skills. Participants will learn how to tailor communication to their audience, with particular emphasis on techniques for crafting a message that effectively conveys technical information in an engaging manner. The course's author will share personal success tips gleaned from more than two decades of experience communicating myriad topics to a variety of audiences. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Develop an outline of presentation topics
- Draft talking points for a media interview
- Edit your written work for clarity and length
- Adapt content depth and delivery as appropriate for the intended audience
- Recognize best practices for both written and verbal formats
- Avoid plagiarism by providing appropriate credit for sourced material
- Enhance audience engagement
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Pervasive best practices for effective communication
- Specific strategies for written materials
- Unique considerations for verbal presentations
- The importance of recursive revision
- Tips for success
- Pitfalls to avoid