This course is designed to provide an overview of the IRS Strategic Plan 2023-2026 and its impacts on the accounting profession and regulatory ethics. The course will cover the key goals and priorities of the IRS Strategic Plan, including improving service to taxpayers, enforcing the tax law fairly, transforming IRS operations, and fostering an inclusive and well-equipped workforce. Participants will learn about the specific measures the IRS plans to take to achieve these goals and the implications of these measures for tax professionals. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Recognize how the IRS is designing and delivering secure and customized services that meet the diverse needs of taxpayers.
- Summarize how the IRS is addressing the specific needs of underserved and multilingual communities and developing strategies for improving their ability to participate in the tax system.
- Identify how the IRS is developing effective outreach and education strategies to improve taxpayer understanding of their rights, responsibilities, and obligations.
- Recall examples of how the IRS is safeguarding taxpayer data and privacy, and protect the IRS against internal and external threats.
- Identify how the IRS is reorganizing operational structures to increase collaboration and maximize efficiencies, in order to provide an exceptional taxpayer experience.
- Identify ways the IRS is modernizing technology infrastructure, and developing secure and sustainable solutions to improve tax administration, and increase digitalization.
- Recognize how the IRS is improving data management and application of analytical capabilities to drive evidence-based decisions.
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Overview of the IRS Strategic Plan 2023-2026
- Key goals and priorities of the IRS Strategic Plan
- Measures the IRS plans to take to achieve its goals
- Implications of the IRS Strategic Plan for tax professionals and regulatory ethics
- Changes to the way the IRS provides services and communicates with taxpayers
- Strategies for staying up-to-date on IRS policies and procedures
- Case studies of the impacts of the IRS Strategic Plan on the accounting profession