Did you know that simply by utilizing the built-in headings found under Styles in Microsoft Word you can create an automatic table of contents that can be updated in a matter of seconds if the body of the document changes? Did you know that Word can be used to open, edit, and re-save PDF documents? How about the fact that by using the Insert Caption tool in conjunction with the Cross-Reference feature, users can rid themselves of the need to manually renumber figures, tables or illustrations and will not even need to update references to these in the document text? This material shows tools and features that are easy to understand and use, will save time, and add consistency to documents. Participants in this session will come away knowing the power of Microsoft Word; this knowledge will benefit them greatly! This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Recognize ways to improve Word documents and presentations
- Recall three benefits of using Word Styles in documents
- Identify features hidden within the application that people should know about
Major topics covered in this course include:
- Best practices for those creating Word documents of all types
- Using Word Styles to enhance and organize documents
- Word features like PDF editing, automatic tables of contents, and cross-referencing that save time and add value