This program explains the mechanics of the IRS enforcement tools, when each is utilized and what practitioners can do to assist their clientâ€™s either avoid enforced collection or get relief when action is taken. The program will cover how to have tax levies released, discharging and subordinating tax liens, and explain nominee liens and transferee liability. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Explain the differences between tax liens and tax levies
- Identify when the IRS lien arises
- Explain the options for selling assets out from under a tax lien
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The mechanics of the two big IRS enforcement tools
- Tax liens and tax levies
- How CPAs can help clients deal with these issues