This course has significantly changed for the better the lives of a significant number of practitioners and their clients. Participants will learn a step-by-step process for performing an annual personal financial health checkup for themselves, family members, employers, and, if in the practice of accounting, their clients. This course is loaded with practical aids to enable CPAs to help individuals get a "great" financial health checkup result! This course will enable practitioners to add a huge value to their tax preparation services. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Learning objectives include:
- Be familiar with common roadblocks to becoming financially self-sufficient
- Be familiar with the structure of a "management" personal financial statement
- Be familiar with common mistakes in HIPAA Medical Disclosure Documents, Living Wills, Medical Durable Power of Attorneys, Financial Durable Power of Attorneys and Letters of Instruction at Death
- Be familiar with the basic process in performing a "personal financial health checkup"
- Understand the relationship of happiness and the management of financial affairs
The topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Preparing a personal financial statement following U.S. GAAP
- Recasting U.S. GAAP personal financial statements into powerful management tools
- Identifying key financial factors that must be managed in order to achieve financial self-sufficiency
- Key personal planning documents including HIPAA Medical Disclosure Document, Living Will, Medical Durable Power of Attorneys, and Letter of Instruction at Death
- How to create "goal" statements that achieve results