Mastering two leadership skills will decrease your stress, and give you room to enjoy your career. Delegating and listening are key essential skills to hone to elevate your career. You were born with two ears and one mouth. And yet, good listeners aren't born. World-class listeners deliberately practice this skill, even when their audience is challenging. This is a skill which can be learned. Participants will gain awareness into their blind spots to listening, strategies to regain focus, how to stop interrupting, and demonstrate to their audience they are listening. How often have you said, "It would just be easier if I did this myself?" or "Nobody can do this task as well as I can, so I'll just do it myself." If this sounds like you, then it's time to start working on your delegation skills. Delegation is not only important as a means to save you time, but it is also about developing the next generation of leaders. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending the presentation, you will be able to...
- Use your focus and attention, no matter your audience
- Recognize when, and with whom, you are distracted
- Apply trust building from several different dimensions
- Use strategies to train others and offer support, rather than micromanage
- Use delegation strategies
The major subjects that will be covered in this course include:
- Three levels of listening
- Strategies to remain focused
- Building trust through listening
- Tactics to practice the Titanium Rule
- Delegating with confidence
- Establishing an accountability system