You are likely familiar with negotiating installment agreements, BUT - Did you know that you can contest the proposed rejection of an installment agreement by requesting a CAP (Collection Appeal Program)? This program will provide an overview of installment agreements, including negotiating with Revenue Officers, with an emphasis on using the CAP process to prevail on why the IRS should accept your request for an installment agreement. This will include analyzing the Revenue Officer's narrative (ICS history), reconciling procedures in the IRM, and determining the independent reviewers' role in making rejection requests. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Distinguish the difference between installment agreement types
- Analyze IRS internal records
- Determine how to develop a CAP appeal
- Apply effective case strategies for negotiating a CAP appeal
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Different types of installment agreements
- Negotiating installment agreements in the field
- Requesting and reviewing IRS records
- When to use a CAP and how to use this to your client's advantage
- Clever strategies to employ when developing a CAP appeal