Financial exploitation can come from many sources including family, caregivers or the outside. Ensure you are doing your part to protect older clients from financial scams by taking a comprehensive look at identity theft and suspicious activity reporting (SAR) so you know when to call adult protective services. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Educate CPAs and Financial Advisors on scams against older adults and ways to protect clients
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Exponential growth of aging population due to Baby Boomers
- Sources of scams and schemes perpetrated against older adults
- Methods to protect older adults from scams
- Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- Flagging credit reports and bank accounts
- Conservatorships and Guardianships
- Where to report elder abuse