This course goes beyond the basics and addresses important practical issues that an experienced practitioner must know. Even if you have attended other S corporation courses, you will learn something new in this course.
- Appreciate how corporation planning can be used in an S corporation to change the effects of the one-class-of-stock rule
- Describe the tax consequences of a redemption of stock in an S corporation
- Discuss the major tax considerations in estate planning for S corporation shareholders
- Compensation planning in S corporations, including limitations in a family-controlled business
- Use of redemptions
- Estate planning for S corporation shareholders, including buy-sell agreements, QSubs, ESBTs, and uses of life insurance