Standards overload. Tax law complexity. Confidential data under siege. Uncertain market outlook. Regulatory confusion. Yes, it can all be enough to make you want to take two aspirin and a nap, but understanding the forces affecting U.S. businesses is critical to success in today's complex and rapidly changing market. In this session we will tackle pressing issues at a "need to know" level and then discuss the practical implications. You will come away armed with the "big picture." Preparedness is half the battle, so do not miss this critical briefing.
- Be able to identify the major standards and regulation related changes that will confront industry accountants in their practice this year
- Understand current and emerging challenges and risks as identified in the leading industry surveys
- Accounting standards high-level update: A rundown of major standards changes effective this year or on the near horizon for which businesses need to prepare
- Industry CPA's high-level tax law update: New and newly effective regulations and proposed changes that industry CPAs should be aware of
- Cybersecurity and ID theft update: What all CPAs should know about the current threats and scams to keep their personal, firm, and client data secure
- Roundup of other current and emerging challenges and threats as identified in the leading industry surveys, with implications and discussion of responsive strategies