Standards overload. Confidential data under siege. Uncertain market outlook. Regulatory confusion. Understanding the forces affecting your A&A public practice is critical to success in today's complex and rapidly changing market. In this session we will tackle pressing issues at a "need to know" level and then discuss the practical implications. You will come away armed with the "big picture." Preparedness is half the battle, so do not miss this critical briefing.
- Be able to identify the major standards and regulation-related changes that will confront A&A public accountants in their practice this year
- Understand current and emerging challenges and risks as identified in the leading industry surveys
- Accounting standards update: High-level rundown of major standards changes effective this year with a focus on practical implications
- Cybersecurity and ID theft update: What all CPAs should know about the current threats and scams to keep their personal, firm, and client data secure
- Roundup of other current and emerging challenges and threats as identified in the leading industry surveys, with implications and discussion of responsive strategies (such as Millennials in the workforce, useful performance metrics for CPA firms, value-based pricing, and avoiding professional liability risk on attest and nonattest engagements).