Understand which assets are subject to depreciation. Answer advanced SS 179 and automobile depreciation questions. Fully understand depreciation and MACRS cost recovery. Understand installment sales and reacquisitions. Complete cases related to nontaxable transactions.
• Complete coverage of recent tax acts and any new legislation
enacted before presentation
• Luxury automobiles, how much this year, and where did these
rules come from?
• What are the components for real estate depreciation?
• A new SUV or sedan, a study of depreciation alternatives
• Permanency in §179 depreciation rules? How to maximize its use;
when to use it; what property qualifies?
• Sale of property and depreciation recapture rules (§§1245, 1250,
unrecaptured §1250 gain for real estate, §291 for corporations)
• Segregating a loss on a building component replacement
• Depreciating like-kind exchange property, including luxury vehicles
• Reacquired installment sale property -- calculating potential gain
and new basis
• Regulations on capitalization of tangible assets and procedures for
automatic changes in accounting method associated with the new
• §197 amortization issues; how to handle intangible asset costs
• AMT depreciation adjustments and how to avoid them
• Depreciation issues, tax-deferred exchanges, personal property
converted to business property, & overview of home sale exclusion
• Guide for compliance and planning issues from Pre-ACRS, ACRS,
and MACRS depreciation and amortization rules
• Cases and rulings of depreciation and amortization issues and
how they impact clients, as well as useful planning opportunities
6800 Governors West NW, Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama 35806-3202Get Directions
Basic knowledge of tax issues for property transactions
CPAs in industry and public accounting who need a thorough grasp of this important area of tax law and who want to maximize the possible tax savings for their clients.