Tax law complexity. Uncertain legislative outlook. Confidential data under siege. Regulatory confusion. Standards overload. Yes, it can all be enough to make you want to take two aspirin and a nap, but understanding the forces affecting your tax public practice is critical to success in today's complex and rapidly changing market. In this session we will tackle pressing issues at a `need to know' level and then discuss the practical implications. You will come away armed with the `big picture.' Preparedness is half the battle, so do not miss this critical briefing.
- Be able to identify the major changes and developments that will confront tax public accountants in their practice this year
- Understand current and emerging challenges and risks as identified in the leading industry surveys
- Tax law update: New and newly effective regulations and proposed changes that all CPAs need to know about with discussion of the challenges and risks
- Cybersecurity and ID theft update: What every CPA should know about the current threats and scams to keep their personal, firm, and client data secure
- Roundup of other current and emerging challenges and threats as identified in the leading industry surveys, with implications and discussion of responsive strategies