Participants will review what ethics means for a CPA firm and its staff. CPAs will understand and be able to use the rules in practice. This interactive workshop designed for practitioners in small and medium-sized CPA firms will include lecture with generous time for questions and case studies to reinforce the concepts.
- Understanding the AICPA Code of Professional conduct
- Recognizing the interplay between the code and Quality Management of a CPA firm
- Recognizing the Statements on Standards for Tax Services
- Recognizing the statements on standards for Consulting Services
- Understanding our responsibilities regarding Cybersecurity
- Analyze ethical dilemmas for CPAs, including prohibited transactions, independence rules, conflicts of interest, professional responsibility, the subordination of judgment, and confidentiality, and disclosure in engagement letters.
- Discuss ethical dilemmas for clients.
- Develop and implement appropriate internal controls and engagement letter practices for the firm.
- Analyze threats and safeguards in the firm.
- Understanding the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Understanding Ethics Requirements for CPA Firms