Forms 1099 are being released later each year, and they're more confusing than ever; especially those related to fixed income securities. In this course, we'll go over the contents of page one of 1099, explain how it differs from the backup material; and how to report it all correctly.
- Recognize Covered vs. Non-Covered Securities
- Identify the differences between Bond Premium, Acquisition Premium and Accrued Market Discount
- Determine how 1099 information for bonds is reported on Forms 1040 and 1041
- History of current 1099 reporting of fixed income securities
- Elections versus required reporting
- Examples using actual 1099 forms