Keep current on ethical requirements imposed by standards-setting organizations and legislative action. Discuss regulatory, legal and ethical requirements affecting the profession. Take a pragmatic approach to ethics, recognize potential regulatory problems, and avoid liability.
- Recognize the ethical requirements brought about by professional standards and legislation.
- Ethical Responsibilities for CPAs
- The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- PCAOB Ethical Standards
- The Sarbanes Oxley Act
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Circular 230 for Tax Practitioners
- The Dodd-Frank Banking Reform Act