The Government Accountability Office recently released a new version of Government Auditing Standards, the Yellow Book. The revised version has been reorganized and realigned to make it easier for professionals to find relevant rules when performing research. This course overviews the Government Auditing Standards and how the government auditing standards apply to the Single Audit.
- Apply the most recent requirements of Government Auditing Standards towards auditing governments/not-for-profits
- Recognize the critical considerations in OMB and Government Auditing Standards
- Identify the Federal Funds and Single Audit Requirements
- Overview of the 2018 Revision Government Auditing Standards
- Understanding the conceptual framework of independence
- Evaluating non-audit services provided and the threat of independence
- New ruling on Continuing Professional Education
- Introduction of a new concept referred to as "Waste"
- Review Engagements under Government Auditing Standards
- Gain an understanding of the requirements for performing a Uniform Guidance compliance audit
- Internal control over financial reporting vs. Internal control over compliance requirements
- Understand the differences of the auditor's reports issued under Government Auditing Standards