This course explores the role of cash and credit within a business. Highlights the importance of credit analysis, financial statement analysis, cash management, collection techniques, and management of the collection process. Explore the five Cs of credit, advanced credit techniques, and a comprehensive, five-step financial statement analysis model that includes the importance of cash flow-the lifeblood of all businesses. Then, identify a combination of simple and highly sophisticated cash management tools, various collection techniques, and management styles to improve the company's collections and cash flow.
- Identify the five Cs of credit (capital, capacity, conditions, collateral, character).
- Determine the five-step financial statement analysis model (liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance, and cash flow).
- Recall basic and advanced cash management tools.
- Identify effective collection techniques.
- Explore the management of the collections and cash flow process.
- Credit analysis
- Financial statement analysis
- Cash management techniques
- Collection techniques, including negotiation skills
- Collections and cash flow management: a human approach